August Vintage Wedding





 

So my soon to be sister-in-law turned to me and said, "would you wanna do flowers for the wedding?"

And that's how it happened. Fear immediately overcame me. Images of family pictures plastered on my in-law's walls of everyone holding dead flowers. "Oh... I wouldn't feel comfortable", I said, "I think you should hire someone..." She went on to get quotes from Florists, and ...

Sheesh. Newlyweds don't have that much money.

 I decided I would do it, and I wanted it to be awesome and I wanted to be good at it. I didn't see a whole lot of ways to serve and show love to my brother and soon to be sister, and so there it was. My offering. Flowers. Tons of them. All the things she described she dreamed of. And I tried really hard to make it perfect for her. Because I just love her and would do anything for her.

15 bouttonieres, 17 centerpieces, 6 smaller arrangements, 2 handmade all baby's breath wreaths, garland, rose petals for the aisle, 6 corsages, the bridal party's flowers, the tosser, the bridal bouquet to be exact.



Something about Noelle just really gets to my heart. I am so thankful to the Lord for her. It was such a blessing to be able to be invited in and to be able to serve. And I learned so much! 

Noelle, if you're reading this, thanks for letting me be part in this small way. I'm so blessed to have you as my sister. Not only because our husbands are brothers, but because we both have been washed in the blood of Jesus, and this blood is much stronger than the ties of family! I love you and I miss you!

 






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts